The Management of Unival Institute of Technology, Benin City, has announced the approved entry requirements for OND and HND programmes. Check below to see the Unival Institute of Technology entry requirements as released by the school management.
Unival Institute of Technology Entry Requirements
- All admissions into Institute’s National Innovation Diploma (NID) is through Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). In line with NBTE requirement all prospective students for NID programmes are expected to have at least 5 credit passes in SSCE/NECO/NABTEB etc. Subjects to include credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and three relevant subjects’ at least not more than two sittings.
- Admissions into the National Vocational Certificate programmes as well as other certificate programmes and professional programmes do NOT require JAMB UTME.
- Admissions for Pre-diploma programmes also do NOT require JAMB UTME
All admission is provisional in the first instance and can be with-drawn at any point in time if there is need to do so.
(A) CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION:
- General conditions for admission into a programme: All direct admissions into the course offered by the institute are based on the approved guidelines provided by National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and must satisfy a minimum of Basic 9 certificate. Applicants that possess passes in SSSCE, GCE or NECO are free to apply and will be given special consideration. Based on passing the examinations and meeting other criteria that may be laid down by the management of the institution, candidate may be offered provisional admission. The final admission of the candidate however rests on his/her meeting the minimum requirements laid down by the National Education Board for Technical Education (NBTE)
- An application form is usually obtained from the institution for a fee and completed forms are returned to the institution.
- The admission of a candidate into a programme is a prerogative of the Academic Board of the institution which must ensure that the candidate meets the minimum entry requirements for the programme as laid down by the National Education Board for Technical Education (NBTE)
(B) GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENT
- FULL TIME AND PART TIME PROGRAMMES: All prospective applicants for admission into the various courses leading to the award of National Innovation Diploma (NID) or National Vocational Diploma (NVC) should as a matter of policy, possess a minimum of five or four credit passes as the case may be, in subjects related to the chosen course obtained in not more than two sittings in the West African Senior Scholl Certificate Examination WASSCE, General Certificate in Education or its equivalent.