Good morning! Welcome to True News Website, Listed below are summary from Nigerian Newspapers Headlines today.
1. President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday declared that the contentious issues of restructuring, true federalism or devolution of powers are constitutional matters, which only the National Assembly can deal with. Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, said Buhari stated this yesterday.
2. National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), has rescinded its earlier decision to shut down the country in protest on June 12, citing rising insecurity, which may affect the safety of the protesters. NANS President, Sunday Asefon stated this in a statement yesterday.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari, on Friday, lamented the state of Nigeria’s economy. The president, who spoke during an interview on Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, said he is not comfortable with the country’s current economy.
4. Armed men suspected to be bandits have killed no fewer than 51 persons in six different communities of Zurmi Local Government Area of Zamfara State. The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Muhammad Shehu, confirmed the unfortunate attacks.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed optimism that the country will overcome its current challenges. President Buhari, in a national broadcast to commemorate Democracy Day today, said the country had in the last two years witnessed and overcome a good number of testy challenges.
6. President Muhammadu Buhari has accused governors of causing the country so much pain as a result of the strike of the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN). The president spoke when he played host to the Nigerian Inter-Religious Council (NIREC) at the State House, Abuja, on Friday.
7. President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday, appointed Mr Balarabe Ilelah as Director-General of the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC). The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, announced the appointment of Ilelah in a statement issued in Abuja on Friday.
8. Governor Bello Muhammad Matawalle of Zamfara State has asked residents to defend themselves against bandits. He spoke during a special prayer session to mark the second year anniversary of his administration.
9. Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday said that the Committee for the Goodness of Nigeria, CGN, has agreed to present its communiqué to President Muhammadu Buhari, who Obasanjo said was duly notified of the meeting and its agenda. He spoke while interacting with journalists on Friday in Abuja.
10. As Nigeria marks Democracy Day today, the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has urged Nigerians to stand against insurrectionists and killers destroying the country’s democratic institutions.