Good morning, Nigeria, welcome to TrueTalk roundup of the Npower latest news in Nigeria for today Thursday, 6th August 2020.
1. FG Extends Npower Online Application, Reveals Closing Date
The Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has extended Npower online application by two weeks.
2. 2,000 Npower Beneficiaries Storm Aso Rock, Table Fresh Request Before Buhari
At least 2,000 Npower beneficiaries held a ‘Thank You Rally’ to Aso Rock, Nigeria’s Presidential Villa over the success of the N-Power scheme and other Social Intervention Programmes in the country.
3. FG Replies Protesting Npower Beneficiaries, Speaks On N600,000 Grant And Permanent Employment
The Federal Government of Nigeria has responded to the demands of some protesting N-Power beneficiaries who want exiting Batch A and B beneficiaries to be employed by the government.
The protesting beneficiaries had also on Thursday, 23rd July, demanded that the government pay each of them N600,000 grant if it couldn’t employ them permanently.
4. Aggrieved Npower Beneficiaries Protest In Abuja, Make Demands
Several aggrieved beneficiaries of the Federal government empowerment programme (N-Power) are currently protesting in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.
5. Why NPower Beneficiaries Are Yet To Get Stipends – FG
Some NPower beneficiaries were not paid their stipends because the payment platform already recognised their accounts, the ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development has said.
In a statement on Thursday, Rhoda Iliya, deputy director of information at the ministry, revealed that 14,020 beneficiaries of NPower have existing accounts on the payroll of other agencies.
6. NPower: Buhari Govt Speaks On Accepting Only APC Members
President Muhammadu Buhari’s social investment schemes including Npower are not for only members of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The Minister of Humanitarian and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq made this known during a press conference in Gausau, Zamfara state capital.
7. N-Power Speaks On Closing Registration For Npower Batch C Recruitment
Registration for Npower Batch C recruitment is still on, the Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has said.
8. Npower Update: See When N-Power Beneficiaries Will Get Their June Stipends
Current beneficiaries of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have been told to expect the payment of their June stipends ‘soon.
“This is as some beneficiaries of the scheme have taken to the micro-blogging site, Twitter to make inquiries on when they would be paid their outstanding stipend for the month of June.
9. Npower: Minister Gives Important Transition Update To Batch A And B N-Power Beneficiaries
The Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq has noted that she and her team her working to ensure a successful transition for the N-Power beneficiaries.
10. About 5m Nigerians Register For 400,000 Batch C Npower Jobs In 16 Days
Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, Nigeria’s Minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development has given an update on the number of applications so far received on the N-Power portal.
11. NPower: How Registration Centres Extort Applicants
Some registration centres have taken advantage of the ongoing Npower scheme to defraud applicants seeking to apply for the empowerment programme.
Residents of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, have lamented the fraudulent extortion of candidates by vendors who try to help them register for the NPower
12. Npower: Batch A And B Beneficiaries Get Strong Warning From N-Power Over Fake Exit Package Links
Beneficiaries that belong to the Batches A and B of the federal government N-Power programme have been warned against falling prey to fake exit package links.
The warning on fake news and packages was handed down on Thursday afternoon via the official twitter account of the N-power scheme.
13. Recruitment: N-Power Gives Update On Npower Application Form
The Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has given an update on the ongoing recruitment and Npower application.
14. N-Power Gives Update On Assessment Schedule/Test For Npower Batch C
Administrators of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have warned applicants and members of the public against falling for fake news making rounds about the programme.
Specifically, members of the public were warned against news making the rounds about an assessment schedule or test schedule for Batch C applicants.
15. NPower News: Batch A Beneficiaries Will Get June Stipends – N-Power Confirms.
Batch A beneficiaries of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have been given a reason to smile despite their recent exit from the scheme.
This is as administrators of the scheme confirmed that the affected beneficiaries will get their June stipends.
16. Over 3m Nigerians Apply For 400,000 NPower Jobs In 1 Week
More than three million Nigerians have applied for employment as beneficiaries of the Batch C N-Power scheme since the portal opened on June 26.
Information has it that on Friday, July 3rd by Rhoda Iliya, the deputy director, information, ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management, and social development.
17. NSCDC Arrests Man For Selling Fake NPower Forms To IDPs
The Nigeria Security Civil Defense Corps, NSCDC, has confirmed the arrest of one Ibrahim Mohammed for allegedly duping and issuing fake N-Power 2020 Batch C recruitment form to forty-four displaced persons in the Borno State IDP camp.
According to the report, the suspect had sold out 44 recruitment forms to displaced persons in the Guzamala Local government IDP camp, charging them each a sum of N5,000.
18. Npower Registration: ‘If You Do This, You Will Be Disqualified’ – N-Power Warns Applicants
The Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has warned applicants over Npower registration.
19. NPower Issues Fresh Warning To Applicants
The administrators of the federal government social intervention scheme, NPower, has again warned Nigerians against the kinds of details they give out to cyber-cafe operators.
The administrators who have been releasing guidelines and instructions that should be adhered to by prospective beneficiaries again cautioned that confidential details should not be given to cafe operators.
20. Buhari Govt Breaks Silence On Hacking of N-Power Portal
The Muhammadu Buhari-led government has dismissed rumours that the NPower portal had been hacked and applicants’ details were compromised. Naija News reports that Social media was awash on Sunday with reports that the Npower site had been hacked and applicants’ details were no longer safe.
21. NPower Advises Applicants On Registration
NPower, the Federal Government empowerment scheme, has restated that only unemployed Nigerians should apply on its portal.
In a post on its Twitter page, Npower said the scheme was for Nigerians who have absolutely no existing source of income.
22. Registration Is Free! – NPower Warns Applicants
NPower, the Muhammadu Buhari-led government social empowerment scheme, has warned applicants against fraudsters.
In a statement on its Twitter handle on Sunday, Npower asked intending applicants not to make payment to anyone as registration for the scheme is totally free.
23. N-Power Portal Receives Over One Million Applications Within 48 Hours
More than one million Nigerians have applied to become a part of the N-Power Batch C beneficiaries since the recruitment portal opened on Friday.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajia Sadiya Umar Farouq disclosed this in a tweet on Sunday evening.
24. Read This If You Are Having Trouble Registering On Npower 2020 Portal
Administrators of the N-Power social investment scheme have reacted to the inability of some applicants to register on the portal since Batch C registration commenced.
25. Npower Officially Opens Portal For Batch C Recruitment, Apply Here
The Federal Government social intervention scheme, Npower, has officially opened its portal for the recruitment of June 2020 Batch C intakes.
That’s the latest Npower news in Nigeria for today,
Read more Nigerian news on TrueTalk Nigeria. See you again tomorrow!