Good morning, Nigeria, welcome to True Talk News roundup of the latest Npower news in Nigeria for today Tuesday, 25th August 2020.
Here the latest Npower news in Nigeria today…
1. N-Power: FG Hints On Those To Be Enrolled For Batch C
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Sadiya Umar Farouq, on Friday disclosed an update on the N-Power programme as Batch C will commence soon. The Minister stated this at an event in commemoration of the ministry’s first year anniversary in Abuja.
2. N-Power Commences Payment Of Npower Stipends
The Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has commenced the payment of Npower stipends to affected beneficiaries.
3. Npower Batch C Applicants Get E-Mail Updates As Batches A And B Get Stipends
Some Batch C applicants of the federal government social intervention scheme, Npower have started receiving e-mail updates from administrators of the scheme. It is understood that the mail is been received by some of those who had earlier completed the application process before the recruitment portal was closed.
4. Minister Reveals When Npower Batch A And B Beneficiaries Will Receive Unpaid Stipends
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq, has finally revealed when Npower beneficiaries will receive their unpaid stipends.
5. Npower Stipend: Aisha Sends Important Message To Npower Beneficiaries
Aisha Yesufu, a rights activist and co-founder of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) movement, has asked disengaged N-Power protesters to meet with other agitators to “protest on the same day.”
6. Where Is Our Stipend? Npower Beneficiaries Bomb Minister After Her Youth Day Message
Beneficiaries of the federal government social investment scheme, Npower have again cried out over the non-payment of their outstanding stipends and other benefits. The disgruntled beneficiaries who took to the micro-blogging site, Twitter to voice their anger on Wednesday blamed Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development for the non-payment of their stipends.
7. 4 Things Minister Sadiya Farouq Umar Said In Her Weekly Updates As Npower Beneficiaries Await Stipend Payment
The Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development in Nigeria, Sadiya Umar Farouq has given a summary of her activities in the last one week. The Minister took to her verified Twitter handle on Sunday in a series of tweets to highlight what she has been doing.
8. WASSCE: Government Begs Npower Teachers To Resume
An appeal has gone out from the government of Osun State to former N-Power teachers to resume and prepare students for their forthcoming West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE). The Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Special Intervention Programmes, Lukman Bello, made the appeal on Monday.
9. The Federal Government Has Spent ₦14 Billion On Student Feeding, N-Power And CCT In Jigawa State Alone
In the last four years, the federal government has spent ₦14 billion on the programs of the Ministry of Social Welfare under Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq in Jigawa State alone. Plans include feeding primary school students, the N-Power youth program, and the distribution of ₦5,000 stipend per month.
While N9.074bn has been spent on the ₦5,000-month program for the needy, ₦5.178 billion has been spent on the primary school feeding program from 2017 to date in Jigawa.
10. 2,000 Npower Beneficiaries Storm Aso Rock, Table Fresh Request Before Buhari
At least 2,000 Npower beneficiaries held a ‘Thank You Rally’ to Aso Rock, Nigeria’s Presidential Villa over the success of the N-Power scheme and other Social Intervention Programmes in the country.
11. FG Extends Npower Online Application, Reveals Closing Date
The Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has extended Npower online application by two weeks.
12. FG Replies Protesting Npower Beneficiaries, Speaks On N600,000 Grant And Permanent Employment
The Federal Government of Nigeria has responded to the demands of some protesting N-Power beneficiaries who want exiting Batch A and B beneficiaries to be employed by the government. The protesting beneficiaries had also on Thursday, 23rd July, demanded that the government pay each of them N600,000 grant if it couldn’t employ them permanently.
13. Aggrieved Npower Beneficiaries Protest In Abuja, Make Demands
Several aggrieved beneficiaries of the Federal government empowerment programme (N-Power) are currently protesting in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.
14. Why NPower Beneficiaries Are Yet To Get Stipends – FG
Some NPower beneficiaries were not paid their stipends because the payment platform already recognised their accounts, the ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development has said. In a statement on Thursday, Rhoda Iliya, deputy director of information at the ministry, revealed that 14,020 beneficiaries of NPower have existing accounts on the payroll of other agencies.
15. NPower: Buhari Govt Speaks On Accepting Only APC Members
President Muhammadu Buhari’s social investment schemes including Npower are not for only members of the All Progressives Congress (APC). The Minister of Humanitarian and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq made this known during a press conference in Gausau, Zamfara state capital.
16. N-Power Speaks On Closing Registration For Npower Batch C Recruitment
Registration for Npower Batch C recruitment is still on, the Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has said.
17. Npower Update: See When N-Power Beneficiaries Will Get Their June Stipends
Current beneficiaries of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have been told to expect the payment of their June stipends ‘soon.’ This is as some beneficiaries of the scheme have taken to the micro-blogging site, Twitter to make inquiries on when they would be paid their outstanding stipend for the month of June.
18. Npower: Minister Gives Important Transition Update To Batch A And B N-Power Beneficiaries
The Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq has noted that she and her team her working to ensure a successful transition for the N-Power beneficiaries.
19. About 5m Nigerians Register For 400,000 Batch C Npower Jobs In 16 Days
Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, Nigeria’s Minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development has given an update on the number of applications so far received on the N-Power portal.
20. NPower: How Registration Centres Extort Applicants
Some registration centres have taken advantage of the ongoing Npower scheme to defraud applicants seeking to apply for the empowerment programme. Residents of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, have lamented the fraudulent extortion of candidates by vendors who try to help them register for the NPower.
21. Npower: Batch A And B Beneficiaries Get Strong Warning From N-Power Over Fake Exit Package Links
Beneficiaries that belong to the Batches A and B of the federal government N-Power programme have been warned against falling prey to fake exit package links. The warning on fake news and packages was handed down on Thursday afternoon via the official twitter account of the N-power scheme.
22. Recruitment: N-Power Gives Update On Npower Application Form
The Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has given an update on the ongoing recruitment and Npower application.
23. N-Power Gives Update On Assessment Schedule/Test For Npower Batch C
Administrators of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have warned applicants and members of the public against falling for fake news making rounds about the programme. Specifically, members of the public were warned against news making the rounds about an assessment schedule or test schedule for Batch C applicants.
24. NPower News: Batch A Beneficiaries Will Get June Stipends – N-Power Confirms
Batch A beneficiaries of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have been given a reason to smile despite their recent exit from the scheme. This is as administrators of the scheme confirmed that the affected beneficiaries will get their June stipends.
25. Over 3m Nigerians Apply For 400,000 NPower Jobs In 1 Week
More than three million Nigerians have applied for employment as beneficiaries of the Batch C N-Power scheme since the portal opened on June 26. This information was disclosed on Friday, July 3rd by Rhoda Iliya, the deputy director, information, ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management, and social development.
26. NSCDC Arrests Man For Selling Fake NPower Forms To IDPs
The Nigeria Security Civil Defense Corps, NSCDC, has confirmed the arrest of one Ibrahim Mohammed for allegedly duping and issuing fake N-Power 2020 Batch C recruitment form to forty-four displaced persons in the Borno State IDP camp. According to the report, the suspect had sold out 44 recruitment forms to displaced persons in the Guzamala Local government IDP camp, charging them each a sum of N5,000.
27. Npower Registration: ‘If You Do This, You Will Be Disqualified’ – N-Power Warns Applicants
The Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has warned applicants over Npower registration.
That’s the latest Npower news in Nigeria for today. See you again tomorrow.