The JAMB Registrar, Ishaq Oloyede, has revealed that a second Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) may be Conducted this year.
Truetalknews reports that the Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions revealed that another exam may be conducted in consideration for 2021 for candidates with genuine registration hitches.
The JAMB registrar said: “So far, we have just 17,758 candidates with challenges that have been profiled, nationwide.
He added that “At the end of the entire exercise, we may have to conduct another examination for those with genuine cases after the main UTME slated for June 19 to July 3″.
He further explained that the board is committed to ensuring that Nigerian youths would be given an equal opportunity and access to tertiary education.
Oloyede added: “Since I came here this morning and interacted with candidates, I have discovered that most of them are largely unserious and are basically the cause of most of their challenges.
“We keep hearing flimsy excuses such as my lesson teacher used his phone to generate the profile code, our tutorial centre helped us to register and I was not in town.
“Other reasons advanced are: I used my mother’s NIN to generate my profile code or my mummy did the registration for me,” he said.
The registrar pointed out that some candidates genuinely did not have money to procure UTME forms.
Meanwhile, the National Examinations Council (NECO) on Wednesday stated that it will not extend the registration period for the 2021 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) for school-based candidates.
He said the registration exercise which started on 31st March will close on Friday, 25th June 2021, and will not be subjected to extension.