Apply for the Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme 2022.
The Chevening Secretariat and BBC World Service Group are pleased to invite applications (from 14 March) for the Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme, commencing in September 2022.
About The programme
Successful applicants will complete a three and a half month placement at the BBC.
Up to 10 placements are available to current Chevening Scholars studying relevant degree programmes in the UK. Due to the nature of the professional placement, applicants must also demonstrate that they have at least two years’ experience as a working journalist, and/or have or will have completed a master’s in journalism from a UK university by the time that the placement starts.
Applications will open at 10:00 BST on 14 March and will close at 17:00 BST on 31 March 2022.
How To apply
To apply, you must complete a Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme application form, AND submit the following to [email protected]:
- An up-to-date CV.
- Status letter from your university that confirms the end date of your course.
- A copy of your passport date page as well as a copy of your current Tier 4 visa/BRP ensuring eligibility to complete the placement in line with immigration regulations. Your visa needs to last long enough for you to complete this placement – until end of December 2022.
- A complete Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme application form.
- The form is available to complete here when applications open at 10:00 14 March 2022.
- In addition, applicants must consent to making their original Chevening applications available to the BBC (the information provided to the BBC by Chevening will not be transferred to any other third party without contacting you first).
- Should applicants be successful in the first round of applications, they will be invited to interview with the BBC.
Please note that successful applicants are expected to honour their commitment to return to their country of origin upon completion of their placement. The BBC will not offer any professional placement to anyone beyond the terms of their current visa.