Buhari to appear before National Assembly over insecurity
Buhari to address National Assembly over insecurity

President Muhammadu Buhari has cancelled the plan to address the National Assembly on Thursday over insecurity across the federation.

TVCNews has received a statement from the Chief Whip of the House, Muhammed Monguno, that the President has changed his mind.

On wednesday, TreNEWS reported that President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday has said Federal Government will Reopen Nigeria Borders Soon.

He said it was widely believed that Buhari had changed his mind because of allegations that he would be abused by lawmakers from the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

PDP lawmakers held a closed-door meeting on Tuesday night, the outcome of the meeting is, however, not yet made public yet.

We reported earlier that Governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has urged President Buhari to snub the invitation of the National Assembly.

During the National Executive Council of the APC on Tuesday, governors prevailed on the president not to appear before the National Assembly.

According to Premium Times, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State moved the motion for the cancellation of the President’s planned address.

TrueNEWS

Get daily free tips on football major leagues!