The Akwa Ibom State University, AKSU Admission form 2020/2021 for PUTME/ Direct Entry is officially out now.
Therefore, application invites suitable and qualified candidates to log on the AKSU Post UTME portal and apply.
However, The PUTME/Direct entry admission form is opened only for candidates who made AKSU their first choice and must have scored more than 160 in their 2020 JAMB.
More so, the Managements of the Akwa Ibom State University also advised all applicants to please go through their basic Requirements for PUTME or Direct Entry below and apply only with their available programmes accordingly.
UTME/DE Admission Requirements
Admission requirements through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
1. Minimum of Credit passes in Five (5) subjects including English Language at SSCE, GCE O’Level and any other equivalent examinations.
2. UTME scores of at least 180 and above (subject to change).
3. Post-UTME screening score of not less than 180 (subject to change).
4. In addition to the above, candidates must make Akwa Ibom State University 1st choice to qualify to write the Post-UTME Screening Test.
5. Candidates who score less than 180 at the Post-UTME screening test are not eligible for admission into any programme in AKSU irrespective of any higher scores obtained at UTME.
6. For final selection into programmes, the candidate’s average scores from the UTME and Post-UTME screening Tests are used.
Please note, The cut-off point for admission varies from one programmed to another.
Admission through Direct Entry
1. Minimum of credit passes in five subjects including English Language at SSCE, GCE O’Level or equivalent qualification.
2. Either A’ levels, OND or NCE in relevant subject areas.
3. An acceptable score in the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
4. Final selection is based on a combination of the candidate’s certificates and score in the direct entry screening test.
click here to view/download the 2020/2021 requirement for admission into AKSU.
Listed below are all AKSU PUTME available Programme offered. so, all applicants must register with any of the courses listed below, otherwise you will not be shortlisted.
|1||Agricultural Economics and Extension|
|5||English and Literary Studies|
|6||History and International Studies|
|7||Religious and Cultural Studies|
|10||Performing (Theatre Arts)|
|13||Integrated Science Education|
|19||Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|20||Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture|
|24||Genetics and Biotechnology|
|28||Geology and Geosciences|