As the 2021 JAMB Registration Commencement date is yet to come, these are the things you need to do while waiting for the registration.
Considering this, it is important that prospective UTME candidates know what is expected of them before he/she proceeds for registration.
Also, you need to get all the requirements ready before the registration kicks off as one of the keys to a smooth registration and success in every UTME is early preparation.
Therefore, here, we will guide you on the few things you need to be doing at the moment while we wait for the commencement of the UTME sales of form and registration.
Before we proceed, you should finalize on where you intend to register and further write your exam. This can only be done in JAMB accredited centres.
Please check the Official list of JAMB CBT centres approved for 2021 UTME/DE registration. So let’s begin…
What you need to do before Register for Jamb 2021
1. Get your National Identification Number (NIN): Based on previous reports, NIN may likely be a compulsory requirement for the 2021 UTME/DE registration.
Incase you do not have yours yet and you intend to register for the 2021 UTME/DE, we advise you quickly get it ready. We earlier provided a step-by-step procedure on how you can acquire NIN.
So if you are yet to get yours, visit this link: NIN Application Guidelines and follow the instructions to get yours.
2. Know The Course You Want To Study: I will recommend you to Admission Booster. Deciding on the course you intend to study is one of the things you should do now before the registration begins.
This is because you need time to think before settling down for a career/course. You shouldn’t pick any course. It has to be a course you have passion as well as academic aptitude for.
3. Know the School You Intend to Apply for: I will recommend you to Admission Booster. Just like in choosing a course, you need to equally know beforehand the institution you want to apply for.
Your criteria in choosing one should be based on whether the school offers the course you intend to study, the admission requirements of the school, the school fees as well as other personal preferences e.g location etc
4. Know the subject combination for your course: A lot of students make this mistake by choosing the wrong subject combinations for their course.
If you want to avoid any form of mistake, use “the JAMB Brochure”, to see the required subject combination for the various courses before registration begins. Remember, that choosing the wrong one can jeopardize your chances of gaining admission. Be wise!!!
5. Ask for Guidance: If for any reason you are confused and need guidance may be regarding the choice of course or school, UTME/O’level subject combination etc, you can make use of the “Ask A Question” section of our website.
We have a community of scholars that will do their best to provide valuable answers to your questions. You are however required to provide relevant details to be able to get the right answers.
For instance, if you want to know the subject combination for a course, ensure you name the school you intend to apply to.
6. Start Studying Now: Finally, start studying now and don’t just study hard, learn to study smart. By now you should know that a good number of JAMB past questions are repeated every year.