Good morning! Here is today’s 10 summary from Nigerian Newspapers you need to know today 27th September 2020.
1. Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has described the attack on his convoy on Friday as most unfortunate.
He, however, said it would not deter his plan to ensure all Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, return to their homes after a long stay in the camps in order to resume their activities as free and not restricted people.
The National Public Relations Officer of IPMAN, Alhaji Yakubu Suleiman, made this known in a statement issued in Lagos. He stated that the national body of the association had instructed all IPMAN members to continue with their normal businesses while NLC goes ahead with the strike.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari has described the ambush on the entourage of Umar Babagana Zulum, the Governor of Borno State as an orchestrated sabotage against the long planned return of displaced persons to their local communities.
This was contained in a statement signed by Garba Shehu, the President’s Spokesman.
6. A former Minister of Education (State), Olorogun Kenneth Gbagi, on Saturday, reacted to the report that four staff of Signatious Hotel were allegedly stripped naked, photographed, arrested and dragged before a Magistrate Court in Effurun, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State over missing money.
While addressing the media on the matter, he denied any involvement in the act, saying none of his children had a hand in the act, which he claimed was politically motivated.
7. Reno Omokri, an elsed presidential spokesman has called on the President Muhammadu Buhari to refund the National Treasury the cost of using the Presidential Jet for his Personal Assistant’s wedding.
President Buhari’s assistant on New Media, Bashir Ahmad wedded in Katsina on Friday and the Presidential Jet was said to have been used to ferry him and others in the Presidential Villa to the venue. But Omokri believes that a Presidential jet is not the property of the President but of the nation, for use in ferrying him (the President) to and fro his official functions.
8. Nigeria’s Israel Adesanya has called out Jared Cannonier as his next opponent, after he knocked out Brazilian Paulo Costa in the second round on Sunday, to retain his UFC middleweight title in Abu Dhabi. The win was his 20th professional MMA victory, with the UFC star yet to taste defeat.
9. The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), has described the Friday’s attack on Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum’s convoy, as “alarming”.
ACF, in a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Emmanuel Yawe on Saturday in Kaduna, condemned the fresh attack, saying that the terrorists were targeting Zulum because he was raising hope in a demoralized country.
10. Nigeria’s COVID-19 cases have reached 58,198 with 49,722 patients discharged from various isolation centres across the country.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) revealed on its official Twitter that 136 new cases of the infections with three deaths have been recorded in the country as of Saturday. The health agency said that the new infections were reported from 13 states, while 116 patients were discharged.
That was the 10 summary from Nigerian Newspapers you need to know today 27th September 2020. See you tomorrow!