On this page contains 10 Most expensive Premier League players for this summer. The summer transfer window shut down in the English Premier League at midnight on Tuesday, 31st August, 2021.
According to reports, the total amount spent by Premier League clubs during the just concluded transfer window on players is estimated at about £1bn in which 103 permanent signings joined the various clubs.
Clubs including Manchester City, Chelsea, and Arsenal splashed the cash on players during the transfer window and it is now left to be seen if the spendings will translate to success on the football field.
10 most expensive players This Summer
Below is the top 10 most expensive players that joined the premier league before the window shut on Tuesday.
- Jack Grealish – Aston Villa to Manchester City – £100 million ($138m, 116.7m euros)
- Romelu Lukaku – Inter Milan to Chelsea – £97.5 million
- Jadon Sancho – Borussia Dortmund to Manchester United – £73 million
- Ben White – Brighton to Arsenal – £50 million
- Cristian Romero – Atalanta to Tottenham £42 million
- Raphael Varane – Real Madrid to Manchester United – £36 million
- Ibrahima Konate – RB Leipzig to Liverpool – £36 million
- Emiliano Buendia – Norwich to Aston Villa – £35 million
- Martin Odegaard – Real Madrid to Arsenal – £34 million
- Aaron Ramsdale – Sheffield United to Arsenal – £30 million
Meanwhile, the sensational return of Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United from Juventus only cost £13 million and didn’t make it to the top 10.